- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp flour (gluten free if preferred)
- Oil for cooking
- A handful of sweetcorn (for yellow)
- A mixed handful of kale, peas and spring onions (for green)
- A handful of butternut squash (for orange)
- A handful of beetroot (for red)
- Celeriac, swede, parsnip, potatoes, spinach, spring onions
- Sautéed onion and garlic
- Different cheeses
- Fresh or dried herbs and spices
- Serve with a salad or some steamed greens as part of a meal, or as a nutritious snack on their own or with a dip such as hummus or guacamole or even a soft cheese spread.
- They can be made in bulk and kept in the fridge for a couple of days or frozen. They can be made at any time of year with whatever vegetables are in season.
- Other flavour combination ideas: Kale, pea, mint, spring onion and goat cheese, Beetroot, thyme and feta, Squash, onion, garlic and sage, Sweetcorn and cheddar with dried herbs.
Like this? Try these:
- Kale and leek Colcannon
- Cheesy leek and potato mash
- Cod with leek and cheese sauce
- Chicken, cheese and courgette mash