The whole caught Olympic fever, and now it seems mums will be the ones to continue the Olympic legacy with their choice of baby names.
According to a study by Cussons Mum & Me, gold medal winners will be the chosen baby names for lots of new parents.
Jessica Ennis topped the poll with 40% of the 1,000 people surveyed saying that her name would be the Olympic name of choice for their baby. Cycling stars Victoria Pendleton and Chris Hoy came second and third on the list.
The top 10 Olympic names to watch out for:
- Jessica after Jessica Ennis’ gold medal in the heptathlon
- Victoria after Victoria Pendleton’s cycling wins
- Chris after Chris Hoy was crowned Britain’s greatest Olympian of all time
- Zara after Zara Phillips’ regal win in the equestrian events
- Tom after Tom Daley’s bronze for diving
- Louis after Louis Smith’s nail biting silver medal win in the gymnastics
- Mo after Mo Farah’s double gold glory
- Bolt after Usain Bolt’s phenomenal gold wins defending his title
- Kat after Kat Copeland’s gold rowing achievements
- Greg after Greg Rutherford’s gold in the long jump
Will you be taking baby name inspiration from an Olympic legend?