If you’re a fan of best-selling pushchair Babystyle Oyster buggy, prepare to be excited as the British brand has just revealed a newer, swankier version of the pushchair, the Oyster 3.
A decade after the Oyster 2 originally hit the market, the buggy Oyster was well due a facelift and it looks like it was worth the wait.
So what’s it like?
The first thing you’ll probably notice about the Babystyle Oyster 3 is that it has a sleeker, more polished look.
Suitable from birth with the additional carrycot (£149) to 15kg (around 3 years), the Oyster 3 isn’t due to come to market until the end of 2018.
What’s the difference between the Babystyle Oyster 2 and Oyster 3?
The Oyster 3 now has:
- Bigger wheels, made of an ER compound which is 5 times more hardwearing than plastic
- Folds with seat on both ways and more compactly than the Oyster2
- Has a new extendable seat (like on the Bugaboo Bee5) with a height of 47cm to 55cm with the hood clearance (the height on the Oyster 2 was 46cm)
- A single and well labelled switch in middle of the frame, at the front to change from swivel/fixed wheels
- Single handle/strap in middle of seat to remove seat, not two catches on either side on Oyster 2
- Carrycot sits higher on chassis
- Is now 0.5kg lighter – weighs 10.2kg with seat, was 10.7kg for Oyster2
- Ventilated panel in hood (still UPF50+ as before)
Is the Oyster 3 still travel system compatible?
It certainly is still travel system compatible with all the popular infant car seats like a Maxi-Cosi Pebble, Cybex Aton S car seats.
However, adding to its collection Babystyle now have its own infant car seat, the Carapace. Suitable from birth to 15 months, it’s i-Size/R129 compatible, and allows you to buy a complete travel system from Babystyle, including the base.
What’s more the Carapace TÜV approved, meaning it’s ‘Certified For Use in Aircraft’.
How much will the Babystyle Oyster 3 buggy cost?
Price-wise the Babystyle Oyster 3 starts from £499 for the frame and seat and goes up to £799 depending on the style edition. The Carapace group 0+ car seat is due to cost £99, with the Plus ISOFIX base priced at £99.
And we’ve got more baby products for you…