Why doing your daily PE with Joe sessions is good news for the NHS
Body Coach Joe Wicks has been brightening up sitting room across the world with his live 9am morning PE with Joe family workouts on YouTube. And here's the most brilliant reason yet to join in...
The Body Coach Joe Wicks, dad to daughter Indie, has announced he will donate "every single penny" of the money made by ads shown in his daily PE with Joe YouTube sessions to the NHS.
This means that, as well as helping to keep families fit and healthy during lockdown with a regular morning workout, Joe will be providing what we can only imagine to be A LOT of money to boost the coffers of our brilliant health service.
Joe revealed in an Instagram post last week that his daily 9am PE with Joe sessions have increased his revenue "unlike anything I’ve seen or experienced on my channel before".
He went on to say:
I've decided that as long as I’m the nations PE teacher, every single penny of the money generated on these videos is going to the place where we need it the most right now. All of it is going straight to the NHS, to support the real heroes right now.
Where to watch
- You can join Joe for his daily workout at 9am each morning on his Body Coach TV channel on YouTube
Other celebrities helping during coronavirusThe list of stars making donations during the COVID-19 is long and impressive. Here are just a few:
- Actor James McAvoy has donated £275,000 to the Masks for NHS Heroes crowdfunding appeal to provide medics with key protective equipment.
- Hollywood couple Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds gave million to food banks.
- Tennis star Roger Federer has donated 1 million Swiss Francs to help vulnerable families in his country.
- Lady Gaga has said her beauty brand HAUS will donate a percentage of profits to support food banks.
- Donatella Versace has donated €200,000 to the intensive care department of the San Raffaele hospital, Milan.
Tara is mum to 1 daughter, Bodhi Rae, and has worked as Content Editor and Social Media Producer at MadeForMums since 2015
Six big family moments that matter – and the products that make them easier to navigate
These products from John Lewis & Partners help support the memorable moments of family life.