The Body Coach Joe Wicks, dad to daughter Indie, has announced he will donate “every single penny” of the money made by ads shown in his daily PE with Joe YouTube sessions to the NHS.
This means that, as well as helping to keep families fit and healthy during lockdown with a regular morning workout, Joe will be providing what we can only imagine to be A LOT of money to boost the coffers of our brilliant health service.
Joe revealed in an Instagram post last week that his daily 9am PE with Joe sessions have increased his revenue “unlike anything I’ve seen or experienced on my channel before”.
He went on to say:
Where to watch
Other celebrities helping during coronavirus
The list of stars making donations during the COVID-19 is long and impressive. Here are just a few:
- Actor James McAvoy has donated £275,000 to the Masks for NHS Heroes crowdfunding appeal to provide medics with key protective equipment.
- Hollywood couple Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds gave million to food banks.
- Tennis star Roger Federer has donated 1 million Swiss Francs to help vulnerable families in his country.
- Lady Gaga has said her beauty brand HAUS will donate a percentage of profits to support food banks.
- Donatella Versace has donated €200,000 to the intensive care department of the San Raffaele hospital, Milan.