This privately owned spa is set in exquisite surroundings high above the River Thames. The Grade II listed, white-washed country house hotel is surrounded by acres of manicured gardens with magnificent views across the Chiltern Hills. The building itself shines brightly in the sunshine and the topiary adds to the charm and grandness of the setting.
The 20-metre ozone cleansed pool, surrounded by murals, is perfect for a refreshing dip and your partner or friends might like to try the hot tub, sauna or steam room .The gym is well equipped and a programme of classes is also on offer.
Dining at Danesfield House is a particular delight and its restaurant was recently awarded a much-coveted Michelin star. For more relaxed dining the Orangery is perfect as its floor-to-ceiling glass wall gives incredible views.
A whole host of treatments are on offer, but the Aromatherapy Associates New Beginning Rose Experience has been carefully designed for pregnant and nursing mums, to “aid relaxation and tonicity” of the skin. This involves a full body exfoliation, massage and body wrap using rose essential oil. A relaxing head massage completes the treatment.
Magic mummy moments
Walking in the beautiful grounds with their inspiring views is the perfect tonic to a hectic life. Reading a book and looking out over the Thames is the ideal way to spend a bit of quality me-time.
- Price – Standard double £179 per room with continental breakfast and full use of spa facilities.
- Treatment – Aromatherapy Associates New Beginning Rose Experience, £105 for 1 hour 30 mins.
- Location – Henley Road, Marlow, Buckinghamshire SL7 2EY
- Telephone – 01628 891 010
- Web – danesfieldhouse.co.uk
- Getting there – Easily accessible from the M25, M4 and M40 motorways.