Orbit Baby G2
Latest deals from trusted retailers
The Orbit Baby G2 is a super versatile, state-of-the-art stroller. It’s main selling point is that it allows you to rotate and recline your child in one fluid movement which means they can face you, face outwards or be rotated to the side and at the same time they can be sat upright or reclined. It is suitable from birth to toddler.
The designers of the Orbit Baby G2 really were thinking of the parents when they designed this stroller – it has a wealth of innovative features, many of which are workable one handed. It also has a vast collection of accessories (some at additional cost) – my favourites being the sidekick stroller board for older siblings and the removable Cargo Pod changing bag.
The Orbit Baby G2 really is a show stopper. I have men and women stopping me in the street and asking me about it every time I take it out. The 360 degree swivel and the sidekick receive the most attention.
What we love
- The smart hub 360 degree swivel is easy to use and so handy when you frequent coffee shops and restaurants as you can park the stroller in a small gap alongside your table and rotate your little one so that he or she is still facing everyone.
- The stroller is lightweight and compact. It’s super easy to collapse – you genuinely can do it one handed – and it folds down small enough to fit in the tiniest of car boots. The pram itself is also very slimline – it’s easy to get through doors even with the sidekick attached – but at the same time is a very decent size and keeps a newborn baby well supported as well as fitting a 3 year old in with room to spare.
- It is a pleasure to push and very easy to manouvre – even one handed and with a 3 year old on the sidekick.
- The extendable handlebars allow people of different heights to push the stroller comfortably and can be altered dependent on your footwear.
- It has a key tray and coffee holder for the parents and a snack tray for the passenger!
- The Sidekick is, without any shadow of a doubt, the best invention ever. Having a buggy board to the side of the pram as opposed to inbetween you and the main body of the pushchair makes such a difference. It means you can walk normally and not have to worry about bashing your ankles, or your older child! Another pro of having it to the side is that you can have two fitted at a time (one on either side) and, being attached to the wheels, makes them easy to move up and down kerbs when crossing the road.
- All upholstery is removable for easy cleaning which is a big selling point for me as I like to keep my strollers immaculate.
- Spacious panniers are available (at an extra cost) which are very useful and deceptively large. However these need to be removed before folding the stroller and also make it a fair bit wider so you can’t fit through some doorways.
- The under pram bag/storage that forms part of the Orbit Baby is genius. It holds a lot more than you’d expect and has an over the shoulder strap so you just have to slide it out and pop the strap over your shoulder for easy transportation.
- It is compatible with a Maxi Cosi car seat with adapters (available separately).
- The UV sunshade with Paparazzi Shield extension is great for protection from the sun or when baby is asleep.
- Although it’s lightweight, this stroller is very sturdy. Even weighed down with shopping bags it doesn’t tip up!
What to look out for
The only tiny fault I can find is that the under stroller storage requires organisation. Although the bag has ample room for your rain cover, bottles, changing accessories and a few other bits, it’s not a basket you can easily sling your shopping into. However the stroller does have two separate handles on which you can hang shopping bags plus panniers are available to purchase at extra cost.
Who is the Orbit Baby G2 made for?
Sociable, gadget loving Mums and Dads that have cash to spare.
This is the ultimate head turner. It’s stylish, comfortable for both parent and child and well worth it’s price tag.
A single stroller is £620 (plus £59.95 RRP for the canopy) and £940.00 for a 6-piece newborn package – including stroller, bassinet, bassinet stand, car seat adaptor, weather pack (rain cover and mosquito net) plus £59.95 canopy/hood (colour changeable). Sidekick stroller board, £119.95, and car seat adaptor for Maxi Cosi, £69.95, available from John Lewis and Orbit Baby.
Tested by Katie with 4-month-old Evie and 3-year-old Daisy.