What is it?
It’s a wacky adventure playground and activity centre with a few themed rides. Find it 4 miles west of Bideford. The Sat Nav postcode is EX39 3QU.
Toddlers & Preschool / 5 – 8
9 – 12
££ – Child tickets cost around £8.95 but adult tickets cost around £4.95. Under 2’s tickets cost approximately £3.96.
What’s on offer
It’s a place that many parents don’t know about or don’t expect much from, but according to TripAdvisor, usually ends up being a nice surprise. The above admission price entitles you access to a number of charming children’s rides, the pirate themed ‘wave rider’ shuggy boat, the Sea Storm and the Honey Pots. Bungee trampolining (with a harness, don’t worry!) costs a few £s extra and is available during selected periods. Use the official website to determine what’s on and when.
In addition to the ride, the Atlantis Adventure Park offers a game of Americanised 9-hole crazy golf to bring out the competitive side in your children (and the adults in your family). There are also jumping billows (like big wall-less bouncy castles) and a new game called Water Wars, which is fairly self explanatory and thus, you should prepare to get a bit wet. If your child is willing to get stuck in,they can pan for gold in a slightly more unusual activity. For families looking to stay dry, you could always take on the quiz and try to solve and escape from the prize maze.
The park also boats the Kids Cove Indoor Play, which consists of a soft play, bouncy castle, nemo train and ball cannons (to name a few) and an outdoor pirate-ship-themed play area filled with ropes, nets and challenging walkways. There are lots of slides and a special under 5’s area in the outdoor area.
There are some extra events for little ones throughout holidays and peak periods and the park is also attached to a shopping village, which is ideal for parents who like a bit of retail therapy after an exhausting trip to a children’s attraction. There are ample picnic spaces throughout the site and public toilets are available, though please be aware that there aren’t many toilets here and they can get quite busy as a result.
One of the best parts of the park are the maze and ‘panning for gold’ activities, as children get a small prize or certificate for completing the maze quiz or gold-hunting tasks, which is a really nice touch and puts emphasis on the idea that working hard allows you to achieve something and gains a positive result. The soft play area, crazy golf, jumping pillows and water wars are especially fun aspects of the park.
What to watch out for
- Some families feel that the attraction is too expensive for what it is. Please take a good look at the Atlantis Adventure Park website, read this guide and make your own mind up about whether or not you’d like to spend your money here before visiting.
- Alternatively, some good 2 for 1 vouchers can be found online with a little research. Vouchercloud are known for offering 2-for-1 on this particular attraction
- Make sure you park in the long stay upper cark park, as the nearby ASDA car park has a maximum stay of 2 hours.
- Dogs are no allowed anywhere on the Atlantic Village site, with the exception of assistance dogs.
- Bungee costs extra on top of the admission price. It’s £4 for 1 go or £7 for 2.
- Rides are sometimes operated once per hour, which can be convenient as little children love to repeat rides (over and over and over). Please ask a member of staff before you buy your ticket what’s going on that day, as this may be weather-related.
- The nearby Shopping Village is more of a designer outlet and some shoppers felt a little disappointed by the “old fashioned” shops.
They offer a half-price return voucher for visitors who experience the park during bad weather. That being said, during bad weather most of the rides and experiences remain open to the public. The park is usually quite quiet on a rainy day!
Half-price vouchers are available from The BIG Sheep (which is owned by the same company) and you can usually find vouchers for both attractions in the local press or online!
Read our essential guides to Bideford attractions Lundy Island and Cobbaton Combat Collection.
What the owners say
“Atlantis Adventure Park is an all weather attraction for all the family located within Atlantic Village outlet shopping centre. A Perfect Opportunity to mix retail therapy for the adults and excitement and thrills for the kids all in one place!”
Visit the official Atlantis Adventure Park website
Want more out of your visit to North Devon? Read our days out guides:
Lynton & Lynmouth Cliff Railway
Milky Way Adventure Park
Haldon Forest Park
Quince Honey Farm
Combe Martin Wildlife & Dinosaur Park