Basic salmon and creamy sauce
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Makes enough for 2 adults, a toddler and a baby
Not suitable for freezing
*1tbsp olive oil
*2 x 200g (7oz) salmon fillets
*1 large shallot, sliced
*200ml (7fl oz) light fish stock
*1tbsp Dijon mustard
*300ml (½pt) single cream
1. Heat the oil and butter in a pan and fry the salmon fillets on both sides for about 10-15 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
2. Add the shallot to the pan and cook gently for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the stock, and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the Dijon mustard (this doesn’t taste hot in the sauce) and cream. Stir to mix and gently heat through.
For your baby
*small portion of the cooked salmon, depending on your baby’s appetite
*1-2tbsp basic creamy sauce
1. Purée the salmon with the sauce, adding a little water if needed.
For your toddler
*3tbsp of basic creamy sauce
*25g (1oz) cooked tagliatelle pasta, chopped
*1/3 cooked salmon fillet, flaked into small chunks
1. Purée the sauce.
2. Stir the pasta into the sauce, and scatter with salmon.
*remaining creamy sauce
*2tbsp fresh dill, chopped
*salt and pepper, to season
*juice 1/2 lemon
*225g (8oz) cooked tagliatelle
*remaining cooked salmon, flaked into large chunks
*Parmesan cheese, to serve
1. Add dill, salt, pepper and lemon juice to the remaining sauce.
2. Serve the sauce over the tagliatelle, and scatter with salmon. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
PP TIP: To eat later, simply reheat the sauce, add all the extra ingredients and flaked salmon, warming them through in the sauce.