For the cupcakes and icing…
- 12 orange cupcakes baked in orange cupcake cases
- 750g (1lb 10½oz) orange-flavoured buttercream, coloured orange
- 1 pack white chocolate Candy Melts (400g/14oz)
- Sugar paste: 10g (3⁄8oz) black
For the decoration…
- 12 black skull cupcake wrappers
- Skull candy mould
- Small piping (pastry) bag (without tube/tip)
- Large piping (pastry) bag with a large star tube (tip)
You can always bake the cupcakes,make the skulls or assemble the wrappers in advance, so your children don't get too bored. They shouldn't, though - they'll probably find this recipe quite easy!
This Spooky Skull Cupcakes recipe is from Cake Decorating with the Kids by Jill Collins and Natalie Saville.