- Where: Careys Manor & SenSpa, Hampshire
- Who went: Jenny Stallard
- Treatment: Tailor-made pregnancy massage
- In a nutshell: SenSpa, set in the heart of the New Forest, makes a perfect retreat when you’re pregnant
- Best for: Pregnancy and prenatal spa treatments, tailor-made for every baby bump
- Watch out for: Unfortunately, pregnant spa goers won’t be able to sample the hydrotherapy pool as it’s not suitable for mums-to-be. Expectant mums might also want to chose their food wisely, as the Thai dishes at the Zen Garden Thai restaurant can be pretty spicy!
Review: “The tailor-made pregnancy massage using pure organic Jojoba oil is a lovely, gentle treatment. It’s ideal if you’re in your third trimester, a bit body-conscious or feeling extra tired. Pillows support your back and bump, as you lie on your side to have one shoulder massaged, followed by your lower back, and then the other shoulder.
“The therapist also works on tired legs and puffy ankles and the scalp massage to finish off is pure heaven. The massage is just one of a range of pregnancy treatments, including facials, a pedicure and manicure.
“While you’re being treated, non-pregnant travelling companions can head to the hydrotherapy spa with its fancy water jets, heated mosaic loungers and tropical storm shower.
“You can finish off your blissful day with dinner at the Zen Garden Thai restaurant or French bistro, Le Blaireau. Then it’s time for the best night’s sleep you’ll have had during your pregnancy thanks to the softest pillows you’ve ever experienced.”
Price: Double/twin rooms from £178 per night, including breakfast. Pregnancy massage: £72 for 1 hour.
Any specific packages to highlight: Pregnancy massage: £72 for 1 hour.
Contact: 01590 624 467