- Where: Hotel Verta, Battersea, London
- Who went: Kyrsty Hazell and partner
- Treatments: ‘London to Paris’ voyage and a ‘Haute Couture Facial’
- In a nutshell: Brand new metropolitan hotel situated at London’s Vertical Gateway, offers indulgent couples-only break packages, including luxurious spa treatments and dinner for two at its scenic restaurant overlooking the Thames and the Battersea Heliport
- Best for: Wining and dining your loved one and spending quality time alone without the children
- Watch out for: The hotel is quite secluded. There isn’t much to do just outside of the hotel other than a leisurely walk down the Thames, or a brisk trip across the bridge into Chelsea. So if you’re looking for an action packed weekend in London you might want to choose a more central hotel.
Review: “This stylish and modern retreat is a great place for parents to relax, unwind and splurge on top-notch spa treatments, delicious cuisine and rest their heads in super luxe rooms. The hotel room comes complete with all the hi-tech trimmings (think controlled dimmed lighting, a huge HD TV, four poster bed) and even boasts a TV in the bath.
“Downstairs you’ll find the subterranean Spa Verta, which lies an intimate hydrotherapy pool, sauna and steam room, plus tropical showers. Both the steam rooms and sauna’s featured relaxing LCD coloured lights which slowly changed colour in sync with the chilled-out music to help you zone out. The hydrotherapy pool had everything for all aching body parts. The high powered jets helped loosen stubborn shoulder muscles and the sit-up jacuzzi baths rejuvanated our tired limbs.
“I’d recommend one of the Voyage packages for the ultimate treat. I had the ‘London to Paris’ voyage, which starts off with a black sand exfoliation and seaweed wrap, finishing off with a tantalising foot and head massage. This was followed by the ‘Haute Couture Facial’, which lasts for 1 hour 45 mins, removing all stress to the skin. I left the treatment room feeling completely spoilt and revitalised.
“After our devine spa treatments, we headed to the swish Vertilion Bar for a champagne cocktail and then sat down for a three-course meal at the in-house Patrisey resturant. We ate overlooking the views of the Thames and tempted our taste buds with their award winning Verta burger or roast cep mushroom risotto, washed down with their signature Eton Mess to share.
“Waking up to a hearty, grilled Verta breakfast and tucking into the continental buffet drinking our morning coffee overlooking the Battersea heliport, was the perfect way to finish a truly indulgent ‘me’ time break away.”
Price: £565 for a weekend package for two includes a weekend stay, three-course dinner and breakfast, two one hour treatments, champagne afternoon tear and use of the spa facilities. Room only rates, based on the Metropolitan suite, costs £195 per night for two people.
Any specific packages to highlight: First Love package (£190) is a cheaper alternative for a parents-only getaway which includes two nights stay, breakfast and a bottle of Laurent Perrier on arrival. Also look out for the Verta Mama’s Touch packages (£80), which include the ‘Yummy Mummy’ hour long treatment and provides pampering tummy rubs, upper back, neck and head massage any mum-to-be will no doubt appreciate.
Contact: 020 7801 3500/ email@example.com