Christmas with a toddler or pre-schooler is a manic, exciting time. Your child is now old enough to start getting into the Christmas spirit… and into everything else! So whether it’s vital safety advice to child-proof your Christmas, or how to manage the over-excitement and almost inevitable tantrums, we’ve got it covered for you here…
Vital Christmas advice for those with children
- 10 Christmas safety tips for toddlers and children. If you only read one thing, make sure it’s this safety info.
What to buy for your toddler and pre-schooler
- Christmas outfits for toddlers. Cute Christmas-themed clothes for your child that’ll have all the family ohh-ing and ahh-ing.
- 10 of the best children’s Christmas books. A great read is welcome at any time of year, but these Christmas storybooks are a wonderful way to add to that festive mood.
- Best toys for 2 year olds. Our pick of the 10 best toys for your 2-year-old toddler.
- Best toys for 3 year olds. We’ve hunted down the 10 best toys for your 3-year-old toddler.
- Best toys for 4 year olds. The top 10 toys for your pre-schooler.
- Guide to buying secondhand toys. Important safety checks and buying info you need to read before purchasing pre-loved toys.
- 10 Christmas stocking fillers under £2. Budget-friendly extras for children of different ages.
- 10 Christmas stocking fillers under £5. Cheap and cheerful gifts for children that won’t break the bank.
- Children’s gifts under £10. Top presents suitable for a range of ages that are ideal for the stocking… or even under the Christmas tree.
Coping with Christmas stress
- Toddler tantrums at Christmas. What triggers your child’s tantrums and – most importantly – how to avoid them.
- 10 tips for a calmer family Christmas. Simple, useful suggestions from other mums to take the chaos out of Christmas.
- Christmas foods and drink put to the test (coming soon!).We parents are a time-poor lot, and with Christmas multiplying the issue, we know cutting corners is sometimes the only way! We’ve tested the best budget champagnes, mince pies, sweet treats and bite-sized festive desserts, so you can cheat your way through Christmas entertaining.
Christmas with children away from home
If you’re spending Christmas away from home with family or friends, the right travel products can make a big difference. You can’t put a price on a good night’s sleep! Before you buy a thing, check what’s going to be available at your destination. Then see our guides…