Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ideas for thank you/goodbye presents for Liams current pre-school

So he finishes there on the 26th July.  He started there at the end of Sept 2010, so he has been there for a long time out of his wee life.

What do you think that I should get them?

Replies

• Options

I'll be watching with interest, C will be leaving his nursery in the summer and will have been there about 3.5 years.

• Options

Well DeeDee, you are NO use!

• Options

Have you ever known me to have any good ideas Laugh

• Options

We went for the hideously unoriginal tin of chocolates (which might count as crapola? Laugh) I wanted to acknowledge it but knew that lots of them looked after her at various times. It seemed fairer to get something that they could all share. 

I got my daughter to do a card to say thank you which she drew and coloured in. 

The woman who was her last key worker was pregnant so I bought her an outfit for the new baby as a good luck and thank you. 

• Options

Well Cedar, I am not saying anything Laugh, I was looking for something a bit more original ROTFL  I was going to get him to make a card.

DeeDee, I am sure that you have Laugh

• Options

At Christmas I bought an Avon hamper of goodies for the staff - I thought they could open it up and pick one thing each but the manager said they do a raffle kind of thing with all the pressies. I normally just send in loads of chocs so I was quite pleased with myself!

• Options

My mum is an Avon lady - hmmm

• Options

Laugh I thought you might not think much of it. 

Vouchers from somewhere for his keyworker. 

• Options

Thats the problem with his nursery, they dont have set keyworkers, so it's hard to choose one.  Through the years, he has been looked after by all the staff.  Do you think that a cake or some cupcakes would be nice for the majority of the staff?

• Options

The raffle idea is lovely.

• Options

Cakes would be a lovely. A pot plant with flowers that could sit somewhere and everyone could enjoy it might be another option. The Avon hamper is a good idea too.

• Options

I'd ask Little Love Designs to make some of her You're a Star stars and have Liam 2013 on them. I did this when L left his last class.

• Options

Where would they put things like that though Belle?  Would they not get loads of stuff like that?  I suppose I could get one for them all from him and something else.

• Options

I dunno, who cares? It's a couple of quid - once it's handed over it ain't your problem.

Oh I know, you could make jam for them, or knit them something Devil

• Options

I think that you could do that for me, you and Lou

• Options

Weep I'll don my granny dress whilst doing so

• Options

Yes please.  I cannot think of anything worse though lol x

• Options

I've had Little Love Designs make a teacher (apple) plaque for Es teacher and will get her L'occitane hand creams as I know she loves them. Her TAs will get smelly sets from the BodySHop and the two ladies on reception that have been fab will also get a little something. It will be a token gift though so a mug or chocolates. E is going to make cards too.

• Options

Cupcakes are nice idea, could you and L make them? Or is that up there with knitting? Laugh peppermint creams ate easy too something L can help with, buy some cellophane bags and ribbon and package them up with a thank you tag?

• Options

No Weekender, that's up there with knitting & all home made stuff! Soz! I've got a cake lady lol x