Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

feeling kicks/twinges in my lady bits :oops:

Sorry to be frank but i'm sure i'm feeling kicks inside my vagina imageops: It's like little twinges, that always take me by surprise. I know my placenta is at the front so my kicks are felt low down but it is very bizarre! Could it be the baby hitting nerves on my cervix???? Anyone else experience this??? I don't remember this with my son!

xxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/y7PI0/.png

Replies

• Options
    yeh i got this a lil bit later than u, i get it alot now at 38 +3 weeks! especially now hes engaging! xx feels like little flicks inside if that makes sense lol! x
  • Options
    I get that a lot as well ! Sometimes makes me feel like i need a wee !! I'm 34 weeks now and the head is down i thought that might have been why ? don't know its strange might be worth mentioning to midwife when you see her but i think its normal . I have two boys and can't remember if i felt it with them. Take care x
  • Options
    yeah exactly like flicks on the inside! eek i hope baby isn't engaging!!!!! I think it is just using my cervix as a punch bag or a trampoline! :lol:

I googled it (thank goodness for google!) and i came up with this answer.....

"Fetal Movement

Q. I am 25 weeks pregnant with my first child. She is quite an active baby and lately she has been kicking me very low. In fact, it feels like she is trying to kick through my cervix and into my vagina. This causes rather odd pressure/vibration feelings through the entire birth canal and vagina. Is there any way she could dislodge my mucous plug or stimulate labor, or is this just normal? Thanks!
    -Anonymous, California

A. Yes, it's annoying and painful at times, but quite normal. Your baby is probably sitting upright and you are feeling plenty of movement down below from the legs and feet. When she kicks directly at your cervix or bowels, you may suddenly suck in your breath with surprise or pain.

During my second pregnancy, I remember feeling a sharp pressure/pain deep within my vagina that most resembled the feeling one gets during a pap smear. I knew from prior experience that it must be the baby pushing or punching at my cervix. There were other times when I felt like the baby might actually be closer to coming out of my butt than my vagina. One night, the baby had hiccups that I could actually feel in my rectum!

I don't think you need to worry about your baby dislodging your mucous plug or stimulating labor. Your cervix should be pretty tightly sealed. It's meant to endure the trials and tribulations of the baby mambo."

Oh well i don't see my mw until 28 weeks since it's my second but i do have a private sexing scan this evening so will see what position baby is in....

Thanks for your replies.

xxxxx
  • Options
    I feel the exact same thing - its VERY annoying and makes me feel like im gonna pee myself. My little girl kicks 24/7 and at the last sacn i had (last friday at 25+4) she was breech so could very well be her feet.

She moves around so much im sure shes doing somersaults in there image xxx
  • Options
    I get this too... when I had my 20 week scan on Tuesday we found she was quite low down and head down which explained the low movements!!
    xx
  • Options
    i also have this!! millie kicks so low! my placenta is not at the front and is quite high up. i know at 16 weeks she was upright but i dont know what she was at 20 weeks. i guess i'll see in 11 days as i have a 4d scan whahoo!! xx
  • Options
    Hi, Just to say i didnt have any ladybit kicks with my twins, but with this one I also have a front placenta and the kicks in my bits are really weird, sometimes im sure that a foot is gonna come out lol. It has got a little better now im over 28 weeks. xxDBxx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev228pf___.png

• Options
    I get the same feeling but in my bum! My ntoes say my placenta is posterior, does that mean its at the back? (sorry if that sounds dumb!) image But it's a weird feeling, like i'm being poked on the inside of my bumhole (sorry tmi!!!!) xxx
  • Options

Yes Im 25 weeks pregnant 3rd child this ones a boy ive been haveing the same issues tho instead of feeling like i pee'd myself i have many times... this baby seems very unforgiving the constant 7 round hits to my lower bits scare me because my first 2 never did this... sleeping is impossible and my hip like the last time i was pregnant gives out on me... i think im haven a stewie griffin LOL ive noticed a heating pad on the lower back helps tho makes him kick else ware

• Options

not had them in my lady bits but have had near my bum which was a bizzare experience, im always surprised by what pregnancy does to our bodies and theres always something new

• Options

Feeling so much better after reading this. I felt the movement in my vagina and was taken by surprise. It was too strong to be hiccups and he was kicking on my upper stomach so it wasn't kicking. It made sense his head was down low. I felt like I was going to pee myself even though I had just emptied my bladder. I'm 22 weeks and was freaking out. At first I thought it might be the Braxton Hicks contractions because it wasn't painful but apparently this is normal....I'm a new mommy so it was all news to me.

• Options

Anyone been getting sharp painpain/jabs following up bump itself?? 25 weeks with my second and don't remember these twinges so early with my first....feeling a lot of pressure in my lady parts and bad groin ache which stiffins quite badly with rest.  I have partial placenta privia which I also had with my 1st but it moved...just waiting for next scan to see if its moved or not. I have big babies...perhaps that's why??? Any advise welcome x

• Options

I am so glad people have spoke about this as I was worried I might be having a miscarriage

I am getting the same feelings where it feels as ifsomething is pushing through my vagina however I am only between 8-9 weeks pregnant.  Did anyone else have it this early on?