Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is the Time Dragging?/

i am 13 weeks pregnant and because I found out within a week of falling pregant the time seems to be standing still, however when i had my first scan it seemed that eventually time was starting to move quickly again. I just want to get to my next appointment so i can see my baby again .. but October seems a life time away, does anybody else feel like that.

Happy Friday everyone Allison :lol:

Replies

• Options
    Hi Allison,

It does get better, I knew when I was 6 weeks and it felt like forever until my first scan but since then the time has just gone- I have even forgotten how horrible I felt being sick every day until week 22. I only have 41 days left to go now, but must admit it has started to go a lot slower. I think it is because I am far more uncomfortable now and am just desperate to see my little boy!

October will come round in no time... (I am due on the 16th- so it bloody better!). The second scan is amazing and worth the wait.

Hope that time starts to fly for you... have you thought about nursery etc yet? I spent ages looking for what I wanted and my partner has done a fantastic job of getting it all ready.

Lots of Love

Hx
  • Options
    Hi, I feel exactly the same Allison, I feel like I have been pregnant forever! I found out at 5 weeks and am now 22 +2. I tend to focus on milestones in the pregnancy to get me through - first scan, second scan, 24 weeks (when baby is viable) then 28 week MW appointment (got to have bloods done and antibodies as Rhesus neg). After that the MW appointments get more regular so hoping that will help the time go quicker!! Going back to work next week will probably help too (~I'm a teacher)
  • Options
    i think its going quite fast but i am very bored all the time cant wait for my 20 week scan only two weeks to go now cause they brought my app forward very excited. does seem like forever till i will get to meet my little man though x
  • Options
    I found out when I was 4 weeks so I feel like I have been preg for a lifetime already (I am now 20+4)! But like debbie I am a teacher and am hoping that going back to work to fill the days will help time pass quicker plus once midwife appts get closer together it might be easier to mark the time off! At the same time I am trying not to wish the time past but to really enjoy it cos I know lots of people say they wished the time away when they should have been savouring it!
  • Options
    i had an early scan at 7weeks and like you i cant wait for my next one!! Have my 12 week scan 1st october and i really cant wait!! not only just to see my baby but to check that it is ok as i had a bit of bleeding before my first scan and even though they said everything was ok, i kinda still want reassurance. im hoping everything will go a bit quicker soon as if it doesnt, i will have lost my marbles by week 40!! xxx
  • Options
    YES! Time is dragging badly for me! its really slowed down recently too (32weeks4) Only 53days left but that feels like forever! x x
  • Options
    I am finding weeks flying by at the moment - am 26+4...but I think that is because I am so busy with work and am building up to managing my first big event since going self employed, which happens a week tomorrow! I know if I wasn't so manic it would be dragging...especially when summer has been so pants I think we have all been stuck indoors more than normal! I did find that time really dragged between 12 & 20 week scan...now I keep thinking I could have my baby in less than 12 weeks as I had my first at 38 weeks...eeek!
  • Options
    i found at out 3 n half weeks, i had a scan 5 weeks after i found out and i was 8 weeks. It seems to have flown by coz i am 30 weeks tomorrow. x x
  • Options
    when i am at work not too fussed the days i have off i feel like i am waiting for xmas well i am technically just after.

Term starts though last week of september then 11 weeks will fly till iam 35weeks and leave work.
  • Options
    I feel this pregnancy is flying compared to my 1st one which dragged. I'm putting this down to running after a toddler all the time. I dont really have too much time to think about pregnancy which is a good job.

Hilary
  • Options
    Yep - this feels like I've been pregnant forever and still 83 days to go!! Milestones are good - got my classes starting on 4th September
    http://bd.lilypie.com/FVZdp1/.png

• Options
    Hi girls, glad we're all in the same boat here - I wondered if I was the only one feeling this way!

Much as I don't want to wish the time away (I'm really enjoying my last months of me time!) the weeks do seem to drag. I think the main reason for me is because I can't wait for the next time I get to see/hear my little one - the scans etc are such emotional highs but they feel so infrequent, one a month would make the time pass much quicker!

I wonder if at the end of it all it will feel like the time went really quickly tho?
    xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/KmfHp1/.png

• Options
    I'm 40 +2 so yes time is dragging! Argh!
    All the best with your pregnancies ladies.
    Denise xx
  • Options
    I found up until 26 weeks absolutely dragging but now time is going by so fast i cant keep up! Once i finish work next week that will all probably change and start to go very slow. Im now 34w+2 and these last 4 weeks have just flown by! I cant believe my lil fella is going to be here soon! xx
  • Options
    Time is really dragging , am only 6wks but found out at 4 and these last 2wks have felt like months . Got excited today when turned calender to sept as my booking in appointment is now on show !!! Just cant wait for scan at 12wks ish so i can tell my older 2 kids x
  • Options
    I'm at the beginning of 14 weeks today and time is dragging big styley for me too! I want to get a bump now but I just look like I have a beer belly. It's like a watched kettle I suppose - the more you tink about it the longer it takes to boil! x
  • Options
    I found out the day my period was due that I was pregnant and to I'm now 31 weeks 1 day and It feels as tho I've already been pregnant for 9 months, I can't believe I stil have 62 to go... But like some of theothers have said, looking forward to milestones throughout is a good thing to do. My next few are on 10th sept I have my 32 week antenatal appt with GP and that evening my Antenatal classes start.
    Cause I've been signed off work with SPD for the last 6 weeks they have dragged a bit, so during that time I got the nursery finished and bought the rest of the baby stuff so all I have to do is finish cooking this little one till it wants to come out and meet it's mummy and daddy.
    It will fly by in no time soon and you'll wonder why you were worrying about time dragging.

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev305prs__.png

• Options
    I totally feel the same, I am 10 weeks tomorrow and it is just dragging, I just want to get to my first scan (17th Sept) to stop all my worrying, I do hope time passes a little quicker after then!
  • Options
    Hi Everyone again,

Thanks for posting... such a relief to know Im not the only one. Im due for some blood tests on my 16th Week which is the 17th September so then at last the 4 month mark is near... Hoorayyy!!!

I do have to say I was suffering terrible with exhaustion but now that gray cloud seems to be lifting and lets just say my house has never been so clean... so much energy its great.! image

Thanks again everyone - its so nice to have a link to people that understand, This is my first pregnancy and as my older sisters couldn't have children - I don't really have anyone else to ask. So once again. Thanks... Allison image

Take care image xx