Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Period like pains, 4/5 weeks pregnant, am I having a misscarriage?

Hi all I'm new here, I found out 3 days ago that I'm pregnant, me and my partner have been trying for months now and now that it's happened were so happy. A few months ago I had a misscarriage and found out I had a cyst on my ovary, they done all tests on my cyst and it dissapeared after a few weeks, I'm now pregnant again but I'm getting period like pains and I'm really worried incase I have a misscarriage again, is this normal? I'm worrying that much that I can't enjoy the fact I'm having a little baba, has anyone else had pains and been ok? Thanks

Replies

• Options

Hi Gemma,

Mild cramps in early pregnancy are normal as everything inside is stretching and preparing for pregnancy. My mw said that cramps were fine as long they were not too painful and accompanied by bleeding.

Good luck xxx

• Options

Hi gemma

like you I had a miscarriage this was at the beginning of the year. I fell pregnant 2 weeks  after and I had a littel cramping and period pains I thought it was happening all over again But like sweetjudy stated a little cramping and pains are ok as your body is adjusting etc! I'm 37 weeks pregnant now.

if the pains get worse followed my bleeding I would call ur midwife or hospital!

i hope everything works out ok for you xx

• Options

Agreed! Please don't worry too much.  I'm very early pregnant (only 4 weeks), and I've had some mild cramping and brown/very light pink spotting.  I've called the advise nurses multiple times this last week, and they all said the same thing.  Right now would have been the few days I was supposed to have a period. It's normal to have a little cramping and spotting as your body is still getting used to being pregnant.  Also, it could be implantation bleeding.  If you just found out you're pregnant... When was the first day of your last period? The time where you should be concerned is when the bleeding and cramping becomes heavier and worse than your normal periods. Otherwise, theres not much you can do until your first ultra sound to see the heart beat (usually after 6 weeks). I know how you feel though. Sometimes it's easy to let the worrying take over. At least for myself, I know that stress might cause problems too, so I have to keep reminding myself that I have three more weeks until my first ultrasound (scan) to see the heartbeat. Try to stay busy, but still go easy on yourself.  If you are bleeding and having slight pains, move slower, don't lift as much, cut back on strenuous activity, etc. If you're bleeding and it's your day off, try to lay flat and relax.  I am not sure if this even helps, but I hope I can ease your mind a little.  Maybe we can support each other through this wonderful time. image

• Options

I had cramping and bleeding on and off till 10 weeks. It was so bad one night (dark stringy blood and very low backache) the doctor told me to expect the worst n I was convinced I was going to lose her. I'm 30+2 today! Just try and rest as much as possible xx

• Options

m in a similar situation ! I'm 36 yrs old and just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant. I am having light cramping and spotting so had an ultrasound, but too soon to see a heart beat. I have to wait 2 weeks to have another and see if all is ok. I wish I could do something, feel helpless. Don't want to get my hopes up. Any advice?

• Options

Try not to worry I know it's easier said than done! I had mild cramping at the start and like you I went for a scan but was too early to see everything and I a to go back 2 weeks later and everything was fine. I'm now 28 weeks pregnant so I'm sure all will be fine with u. Have u bled a lot? X

• Options

No just spotting, and the dr said it was good that it was a brownish tint. The cramping isn't to bad either but this didnt happen in my last pregnancy bug that was 9 yrs ago! And being 36 Im just worried. Thanks for the kind words! send me some good energy😊 Glad your pregnancy is going well!

• Options

In 5w3d have had cramping for the past week from full to sharp as long as ur not bleeding red or clots your good mama! 

• Options

How r u feeling now? X

• Options

This goes for all you girls who posted xxx

• Options

Hey! Good how you feeling? My cramps have just about gone for the most part once in awhile I get a stray cramp I am 6 weeks 3 days now had an ultrasound at 6 weeks just because of the sharp cramps and to my surprise they found two babies in there! Going for another on Friday . Best of luck to everyone

• Options

Aww that's amazing congratulations!! Twins!! How r u feeling about that? Do twins run in ur family? I'm ok thanks sore pain at the bottom of my back going into my bum but think its position baby is in gets worse when I lie on my back lol other than that doing great. 29+1 so 11 weeks to go :) xx

• Options

No they do not I'm excited and nervous. 

• Options

That's so exciting let me know how ur scan goes on Friday will be thinking about u x

• Options

Thank you I will!

• Options

Twins! Wow! I thought of that for myself but only one heartbeat that they could see, healthy! I still have cramping and a little lower back pain but no more spotting. So excited for you! Everything will be fine! keep me posted! 

• Options

If you can, most spas have that amazing pregnancy pillow you lay on and put your belly into! I'm a massage therapist and it helps with that lower back pain! I lay on it with a food baby and it feels good lol haha. 

Hope it gets better. Almost there!

• Options

Oh Ive never even heard of that il need to have a look the thought of being able to lie on my belly is so appealing just now lol. I always slept on my belly before I was pregnant and not being able to is torture. Glad all going good with you :) x

• Options

He did your scan go? X

• Options

Hello I'm also new here, I came off the 28 day pill almost 3/4 months ago, a week later I believe I had the withdrawal bleed, then the following month I had a normal period since then me and my boyfriend had started trying, well last month i had a period (7 days) and this month I've completely missed my period by 12 days, I've been having really bad heart burn, lower back pain, milky white discharge (sorry TMI), I've also done the homemade bleach pregnancy test, which I believe was positive as it fizzed and foamed over the cup and when I tipped it all out the foam was stuck to the glass, I was wondering do you lovely ladies think I'm pregnant ( as this would be my first child) I'm 18 and worried, all tests I have taken have became negative?