Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What was the first purchase you made for your baby? How many weeks pregnant when you made it?

Hello.

Making that first first baby purchase, after finding out you're pregnant can be a really special moment, and we were wondering when did do this? Please come and tell us, how many weeks pregnant were you, when you made your first baby purchase and please tell us what you bought?

Let us know by replying to this thread. We would love to hear from you.

Replies

• Options

Well with 3 different pregnancies, I can proudly say each was different 😂

My 1st saw us purchase a travel system as our priority buy just after the 20wks scan. 

My 2nd saw us waiting a bit longer  (already had the travel system from previous...) & it was bedding bought at around 27-28wks. 

With the twins we bought clothing at 16wks  (as part of gender reveal 😉)

• Options

I bought our buggy and cot at 21 weeks pregnant after the 20 week scan. 

• Options

Our first purchases were a pair of booties and an outfit after 12 weeks scan, closely followed by our travel system :-) 

• Options

my first purchase was a dummy to tell my partner I’m pregnant alongside my test! I’m 21+4 weeks now with a little boy 💙

• Options

With my first, it was very late. I think I was about 37 weeks! i didn't know the gender until birth but even the larger stuff was borrowed so nothing big bought until after he arrived.

With this one, I bought her a unisex outfit after the 12 week scan and then a pink outfit after the gender scan.

• Options

Im 30 week pregnant and really want to purchase a new product called Brizi Baby. I saw it on Sky news and living in a big city, it’s a top of my list with a baby pram and nursery cot. It looks like a pillow that somehow filters the polluted air, so baby breaths clean air... how useful is that for us city mums, especially with all the stories of how polluted London is and the Diesel  cars.