Forum homeā€ŗ Getting pregnantā€ŗ Trying to conceive
šŸšØ Advance warning šŸšØ This forum will be closing on 1st May ā€“ please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

very positive opk at 2/3 dpo

did an opk this morning, because i had one left, no reason why really, and it was very very positive! i got a smiley on friday so i know i oved a few days ago, and i had bad OV pains. so whats going on?? im so confused!!! even when i got my positive the other day, it wasnt this dark!! heres the pic, please tell me what u think!! xx

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs270.snc1/9721_271336885463_804905463_8875965_2099787_n.jpg

Replies

• Options
    forgot to say, that i did an opk after i got my smiley and it was very negqative so the LH was defo going down. xx
  • Options
    hhmmmmm very strange chick,could it be that your oving now and the pain was pre-ov pain???

havnet really got a great answer for you sorry but when in doubt BD lol xx
  • Options
    i know i defo OVed at the weekend, i had EWCM, a smiley, and several cheapy opk positives and had OV sickness afterwards too, so i know im not OVing now. im soo confused!! xx
  • Options
    i wonder, if for some reason the egg didnt release, as i have been reading that a LH surge can oocur bout the egg isnt released so, a LH surge occurs striaight after. which would mean my body thinks i mi9ght have ovulated when i havent? ahhh!! x
  • Options
    Hi guys,
    I am very new here but am trying ti read as many posts as possible.
    I got a smily face on Thursday using a Clearblue ovulation test and we BD''d on Thursday and Saturday as I read that we should try every other day.
    From reading this post, it looks like I can test for pregnancy early but have I misunderstood?
  • Options
    well i think ive cracked whats happened!!

on friday when i got my smiley, when we went to bed, my OH got in a mood and wouldnt BD so i was upset and angry and we argued loads friday night and saturday morning. (when i was due to OV)
    did a test after the smiley and it was negative, which shows my surge decreasing.

well, ive been researching about 2 surges in a cycle and ive discovered that if u experience a sudden period of stress just before OV, it can cause you not to release the egg, and then u will experience another surge soon after. this is because ur body thinks that there is less likely of a chance for sperm to be present if ur stressed.

so i think, that because we argued before OV (was a BIG argument!!) it stopped me, and then now im back to normal, it can happen!! wierd eh!! xx
  • Options
    Blimey... i will defo be trying to maintain the relaxed approach next month then... i am getting too stressed so i'm prob not doing my cycle any favours either! x
  • Options
    Oh and hi fluffymovie! Welcome.

A lot of ladies on here test from about 11 dpo (days past ovulation)... but if you have the willpower then try to hold out till your period is due!

Good luck x
  • Options
    Hi, I'm in the same boat. I got a pos opk cd16/17 and it went faint cd18 so i stopped testing. I am now on cd 21 and decided to do an opk today and got a dark line! very weird xx
  • Options
    ...OR...you're preggers :\)

as SIL said, ov tests can sometimes report pregnancy - coz LH is v similar chemical structure to HGC (the hormone hpts detect)
    so fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    It can show pg but not this early! i would say you are definitely ov'ing now so you better get bding!