With Take 10 to Play, brought to you with LEGO® DUPLO®, you can discover 10 brilliant 10-minute games to play with your child. Each game is specially designed to boost early learning, and to help you and your child create and connect together – for a smile-filled session of family fun.
This game is great for teaching your child to recognise and remember numbers by associating them with different colours and actions. Recognising numbers is an important stage in developing counting skills and making it a game means maths always feels like fun.
Here’s how to play Bouncy Numbers…
What you’ll need:
- LEGO® DUPLO® bricks with numbers on (such as those in the Number Train Set)
- a bowl
If you don’t have any LEGO® DUPLO® bricks with numbers on, you can tape numbers to regular bricks or tape numbers to clothes pegs
How to play
- Line up your LEGO® DUPLO® bricks with numbers on and assign a different ‘bouncy’ activity to each number. So, for example: 1 = jump up, 2 = turn around twice; 3 = clap 3 times.
- Talk this all through with your child, demonstrating the bouncy activities and then practising them with your child.
- Put the bricks into a bowl and take it in turns with your child to pick a brick out.
- Encourage your child to remember and complete the right actions.
Extra ways to play Bouncy Numbers – for extra learning!
- Add more numbered bricks to the bowl, so there are more actions to remember and perform
- Get your child to think up the different actions
- Pull out 2 bricks at once, so there are 2 actions to perform each time
More great Take 10 to Play ideas for games to play with your child…
Boost your child’s logical-thinking skills with a pick–and-sort game that’s all about working out which animal belongs where. Extra points for making the right animal sounds, too!
- How to play Animal Magic
Spot the Shape
Match the pattern to recreate the 3D shape you see: a logical-thinking game that develops your child’s visual-spatial skills – and connects you both in some build-and-copy fun.
- How to play Spot the Shape
And if you want some singing fun, too