With Take 10 to Play, brought to you with LEGO® DUPLO®, you can discover 10 brilliant 10-minute games to play with your child. Each game is specially designed to boost early learning, and to help you and your child create and connect together – for a smile-filled session of family fun.
This game is great for developing your child’s working memory – something they’ll depend on more and more as they head towards nursery and school and need to follow instructions and remember daily routines.
Here’s how to play Sneaky Bear
What you’ll need:
- LEGO® DUPLO® bricks and animal figures (such as those in the World Animals Set)
- a blanket
If you don’t have any LEGO® DUPLO® bricks and animal figures, you can still play this game with books, wooden blocks and small animal toys
How to play
- Help your child choose 3 different LEGO® DUPLO® animal figures and make them each a little house from the LEGO® DUPLO® bricks.
- Talk with your child about which animals they are and what noises they make.
- Now it’s ‘time for bed’. Encourage your child to say goodnight to each animal and then lie down on the floor.
- Say goodnight to your child and cover them with the blanket.
- While your child is ‘sleeping’, sneak away one of the animal figures and hide it nearby.
- Say ‘Time to wake up!’ and lift off the blanket.
- Your child now has to work out which animal is missing (either by saying the animal’s name or making the right animal sound) – and see if they can find it in its hiding place.
Extra ways to play Sneaky Bear – for extra learning!
- Add more animal figures to the game
- Play with 2 adults (or an adult and older sibling) and ask your child to guess who was being the Sneaky Bear
- As well as sneaking away 1 animal, move 1 or more of the other animals into different houses – for more sneaky changes to spot
More great Take 10 to Play ideas for games to play with your child…
Can you tell what makes that noise? A sound-recognition and categorising game that’s super-easy to set up – and a right giggle (or woof or nee-nar) to play together.
- How to play Sound Bingo
Under The Bridge
Get those building fingers working on a big, bright bridge for your toys – and then discover this cool construction game’s small-person-friendly spatial-skills twist.
- How to play Under the Bridge
And if you want some singing fun, too