Annabel Karmel's cod with butternut squash and cheese sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2 - 4
- 85g Butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 15g Butter
- 30g Onion, finely chopped
- 15g Plain flour
- 150ml Milk
- 50ml Very low salt vegetable stock
- 100g Cod fillet, skinned and cut into small cubes
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- STEP 1
Steam the squash for seven minutes until tender.
- STEP 2
Melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion for 3 to 4 minutes until softened. Stir in the flour and cook for a further minute.
- STEP 3
Gradually blend in the milk and stock, bring to the boil and simmer for one minute.
- STEP 4
Add the steamed squash and chunks of cod and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the grated cheese and blend to a purée.