Annabel Karmel's mini meatballs with apple
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Makes: 20 meatballs
- 500g minced beef
- 100g onion, finely chopped
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 25g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Pink Lady apple, peeled and grated (approx 150g)
- 15g unsalted beef stock cube, crumbled
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme (or dried thyme)
- 1 egg yolk
- Plain flour, for coating
- Oil (vegetable, rapeseed, olive), for baking or frying
- STEP 1
If you're baking, rather than frying, the meatballs, preheat the oven to 200°C fan/400°F/gas mark 6.
- STEP 2
Put all the ingredients, apart from the flour and the sunflower oil, into a food processor and pulse for a few seconds.
- STEP 3
Use the flour to flour your hands, then take little handfuls of the mixture and roll it into 20 small balls.
- STEP 4
If you're baking the meatballs, put a little oil on a baking sheet. Then roll the balls in the oil. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until brown and heated and cooked through.
- STEP 5
Alternatively, heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan and sauté the balls for 5 to 8 minutes over a medium heat, until browned and cooked through.