Annabel Karmel's red lentils, carrot and apple puree
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes: 4 to 6 portions
- 1 tbsp oil (vegetable, rapeseed, olive)
- 100g onions, chopped
- 130g carrots, peeled and diced
- 130g parsnip, peeled and diced
- 50g apple, peeled and diced
- 25g red lentils
- 150g passata
- 250ml vegetable stock
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, carrot, parsnip and apple and fry for 5 minutes.
- STEP 2
Add the lentils, passata and stock.
- STEP 3
Bring up to the boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- STEP 4
Puree the mixture to the desired consistency for your baby.