Baby bubble and squeak
- Preparation and cooking time
- A little work
- 350g Potato, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 200g Carrot, peeled and diced
- 200g Green cabbage, shredded
- 20g Unsalted butter
- 75g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1tsp Mixed herbs
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- STEP 1
Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 20 minutes, adding the diced carrots after 10 minutes. Drain well, then add the butter and mash.
- STEP 2
Cook the cabbage for five minutes, or until tender, in a separate pan. Drain well.
- STEP 3
Mix the potato, carrot and cabbage together, then add the cheese.
- STEP 4
Heat the one to two tablespoons of oil in a frying pan, then place spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan, pressing them flat into burger shapes. Cook for six minutes, turning regularly, until crispy.