- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 0.5 tsp ground allspice
- 400g tomato, (chopped)
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 150ml water
- 225g pineapple piece, drained
- 450g cod fillet, skinless and boneless
- Adding the spices at the beginning of the cooking allows them to permeate the whole dish and also takes away any ‘raw’ taste.
- You can use any white fish for this dish, either fresh or frozen. If you use frozen fish, allow a bit of extra simmering time to make sure it is absolutely defrosted and cooked through.
- Adults sharing the same dish can add salt at the table, and / or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Like this? Try these: