Homemade chicken nuggets
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12-15 nuggets
- 400g Chicken breast, cut into 10cm chunks
- 40g Plain flour
- 1 Large egg, beaten
- 3 slices of wholemeal bread (to make fresh breadcrumbs)
- STEP 1
First, make the breadcrumbs. If you have a hand-held blender that has a mini-blender attachment, this is the easiest way to whizz up the breadcrumbs, otherwise do it in a food processor.
- STEP 2
Organise a ‘production line’ of bowls – the flour in one, then the beaten egg, then the breadcrumbs, all ready for dipping the chicken pieces.
- STEP 3
Dip each chunk into the flour, then into beaten egg, then coat in breadcrumbs.
- STEP 4
Fry the pieces for 2 minutes on each side, then transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Sit on a piece of kitchen roll for a few moments to get rid of some of the oil, then serve.
- STEP 5
- Make lots of fresh breadcrumbs all at once, then freeze 100g at a time in freezer bags to use for future batches of nuggets.
- These tasty nuggets can be given whole as a finger food, or chopped into smaller pieces for younger babies.