Roasted veggie kebabs
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus at least 2 hours for marinading
- A little work
- Serves 4
- 150g Mushrooms, whole if small or halved if big
- ½ Red pepper, sliced and deseeded
- ½ Yellow pepper, sliced and deseeded
- ½ Green pepper, sliced and deseeded
- 1 Courgette, sliced in rounds (around 2-3cm thickness)
- 4 Wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 20 minutes
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- 2tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- A pinch of black pepper
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- STEP 1
Prepare marinade (oil, vinegar, pepper and lemon juice) in a lidded bowl or even zip-top plastic bag. Add vegetables and toss (or stir). Keep in the fridge for at least 2 hours or even overnight.
- STEP 2
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6. Place marinated vegetables on the skewers, alternating them. Keep marinade. Put skewers on a baking sheet lined with baking paper or foil. Brush with remaining marinade.
- STEP 3
Bake for 30 minutes or until soft. Allow the skewers to cool slightly before serving. Keep veggies on skewers for grownups and older children but slide them off for a young child.