- Butter 20g
- Onion 1, finely chopped
- Salad onions (or 1 leek) 4, finely chopped
- carrot 1, peeled and grated
- Cheddar cheese 125g, grated
- breadcrumbs 150g
- eggs 2, beaten
- mustard powder 1 tsp
- mixed herbs 1 tsp
- Plain flour pinch, for your hands
- Olive oil 2 tsp
- For best results, shape the sausages, wrap them individually in cling film and place them in the fridge to firm up for at least half an hour.
- The mixture is suitable for freezing before cooking.
- Try substituting other vegetables such as aubergines, courgettes, swede and spinach.