Buggy Test Drive Consultations have been launched by the Nursery Advisors at Peter Jones, a London-based branch of John Lewis. While John Lewis stores aren’t new to the idea of offering free nursery advice consultations that include buggy-buying advice, you can now ask John Lewis nursery advisors for a Buggy Test Drive.
While aimed at dads-to-be, pregnant partners can get in on the test drive action too, of course! Nursery advisors help you decide what buggy would best suit your needs and lifestyle – be it trekking over hills or just over to your local café.
You’re able to try out buggies on store escalators, see how they handles around corners, and nursery advisors can even help you measure your car boot to ensure it will fit.
So what exactly should you be looking for when buying a buggy? Jenny Broker, Nursery Advisor at Peter Jones, has shared some expert tips:
- Test-drive your new buggy – try the escalators, check out how easy it is to steer around corners and make sure it’s comfortable to push.
- If you’re a city slicker opt for a lightweight, easy-to-fold pram that won’t cause you any hassle on the Tube and will be easy to get onto buses and into your flat. For those in the country, go for a 3-wheeler or pushchair with good suspension to help you through the country lanes.
- Don’t be swayed by gadgets and gizmos. Get what’s right for you and your baby – remember to take measurements of your stair and hallway width, as well as the size of the boot of your car.
- Decide if you want a pram, pushchair, buggy or stroller as they all have different functions and most double up these days and will convert from a pram to a pushchair.
- For those families always on the go a travel system can be the best option, which will transform from pushchair to car seat in seconds and will collapse easily to fit in your car.
How did you decide on the perfect buggy? Or did you end up buying more than one before you were happy?