'This is delicious and so easy as doesn't even need an oven. All the work is in the measuring. Also good as stays fresh for a good few days in air tight tin.'
55g caster sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp drinking chocolate
1 tbsp cocoa
500g packet of digestives – crushed or blitzed in food processor
75g of chocolate cake crumbs
nip of rum or whisky
60g glace cherries
250g dark chocolate
- Melt butter, sugar, milk and golden syrup over gentle heat in a large saucepan.
- Once the sugar has dissolved add cocoa, drinking chocolate and half of the biscuits.
- Mix well and then add all the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate.
- Press the mixture into a 20cm/8 in square tin.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a pan of boiling water.
- Once done, spread it over the biscuit base and leave to set.
- This should make 30 small bars. Delicious!
Denise Van Outen's chocolate truffle fudge cake is one of 150 recipes by celebrities for charity cookbook the Celebrity Bake Book, to help raise money for the Ben Kinsella Trust, available on Amazon.