Kiddicare wins PP’s Online Nursery Retailer of the Year

Family-run website picks up Practical Parenting Award for second year running

kiddicare-wins-pps-online-nursery-retailer-of-the-year_7491

Your votes have been counted and we can now reveal the online nursery baby shop, Kiddicare, has won the Practical Parenting Online Nursery Retailer Award 09/10 for the second year running.

Advertisement

You voted for the family-run website business, which was born in 1974 when hairdresser Marilyn Wright and her husband Neville opened a two-up, two-down shop in Peterborough. Now, 35 years later, and with the help of Marilyn and Neville’s daughters Jo, Elaine and Elaine’s husband, IT specialist Scott, Kiddicare has expanded somewhat. The little shop has grown into a megastore in Peterborough, and the main part of the business is now the hugely popular website.

“We are absolutely thrilled to be receiving this award for the second year running,” says Elaine. “A massive thank you to all who voted for us. It’s a huge boost for everyone who works so hard behind the scenes at kiddicare.com. We try and make every customer suggestion a reality and now with our new ideas forum we can have a much better understanding of what our mums, dads, granny’s and grandpas need from us. Whilst we don’t get it right every time we have a 96% approval rate and over the next year we are going to be working very hard get it right for the remaining 4%.”

The kiddicare.com site has just been given a new look, and offers next day lunchtime delivery if you order by 5pm, plus the ever-popular great prices that the site is well-known for.

Advertisement

Taking second place in the votes for online nursery retailer was mothercare.com, followed by johnlewis.com and boots.com in joint third.

Comments

Please read our Chat guidelines.