It’s no big secret that some celebs opt for, shall we say, interesting and rather unusual baby names.
In the case of these celeb-approved options, they’re actually animal names, used for either their child’s first or middle name.
Fancy following in the footsteps of Kate Winslet, Jamie Oliver and more? Time to keep scrolling…
Here are a few ideas to consider…
- Wolf – chosen by Jason Momoa and Jonathan Rhys Meyers, allegedly
- Bunny – chosen by Katie Price and Bryan Adams
- Phoenix – chosen by Mel B, Jillian Michaels and Alessandra Ambrossio
- Otter – chosen by Zooey Deschanel
- Sparrow – chosen by Nicole Richie
- Bear – chosen by Jamie Oliver, Kate Winslet, Anthony Keidis and Alicia Silverstone
- Birdie – chosen by Busy Phillips
- Cricket – chosen by Busy Phillips
- Puma – chosen by singer Erykah Badu
- Lion – chosen by Evanescence singer Amy Lee
And a few others the celebs haven’t snapped up yet…
- Cat – short for Catherine
- Robin – also use the alternative spelling of ‘Robyn’
- Aya – means ‘bird’ in Hebrew
- Jarita – means ‘legendary bird’ in Hindi-Sanskrit
- Tora – ‘tiger’ in Japanese
What do you think?