Asparagus soup - pregnancy recipe
- Preparation and cooking time
- A little work
- 25g Butter
- A little vegetable oil
- 350g Asparagus spears, stalks chopped, woody ends discarded, tips reserved
- 3 Shallots, finely sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 fresh spinach
- 700ml Vegetable stock (fresh if possible)
- Olive oil for drizzling (optional)
- Sourdough bread to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan until foaming. Fry the asparagus tips for a few mins to soften. Remove and set aside.
- STEP 2
Add the shallots, asparagus stalks and garlic, and cook for 5-10 mins until softened but still bright.
- STEP 3
Stir through the spinach, pour over the stock, bring to the boil, then blitz with a hand blender. Season generously and add hot water to loosen if needed. Ladle into bowls and scatter the asparagus tips over each.
- STEP 4
Drizzle with olive oil and serve with sourdough bread, if you like.