Basque-style salmon stew - pregnancy recipe
- Preparation and cooking time
- A little work
- Serves 4
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Mixed peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 400g Baby potatoes, unpeeled and halved
- 2tsp Paprika
- 2 Garlic cloves, sliced
- 2tsp Thyme
- 400g Tinned chopped tomatoes
- 4 Salmon fillets
- 1tbsp Parsley, chopped to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the peppers, onion and potatoes. Cook, stirring regularly for 5-8 mins until golden.
- STEP 2
Then add the paprika, garlic, thyme and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, stir and cover, then turn down heat and simmer for 12 mins. Add a splash of water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- STEP 3
Season the stew and lay the salmon on top, skin side down. Place the lid back on and simmer for another 8 mins until the salmon is cooked through. Scatter with parsley, if you like, and serve.