Makes 6-8 portions
Takes 15 minutes
• ½ white cabbage, shredded
• 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
• 20 baby spring onions or bunch spring onions, sliced
• salt and pepper, to season
• 1 ruby grapefruit, peeled and cut into segments
• 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
• 8 tbsp shop-bought mayonnaise (you can use reduced calorie; check it’s made with pasteurised eggs)
• 2 tsp Dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar
1. Combine all the vegetables in a large bowl and season with salt and black pepper. Mix through the fruit.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the mustard and vinegar of your choice. Pour over the salad, stir thoroughly and serve.
Six big family moments that matter – and the products that make them easier to navigate
These products from John Lewis & Partners help support the memorable moments of family life.