The drive up to Armathwaite Hall is breathtaking, the property is surrounded by green, rolling hills and nestled beneath the mountain of Skiddaw, perfect for a relaxing, pre-baby retreat.
The spa boasts a 16-metre infinity pool, with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the outdoor hot tub and landscaped garden.
There’s also a wallow pool, aroma room and heat experience showers. If you’re not expecting yet, there’s a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and steam room. For more energetic mums-to-be, a state of the art gymnasium awaits and there are 10 treatment rooms.
Mums-to-be can choose from an extensive range of treatments, but if you and your bump need a bit of extra TLC then the Precious Moments extended maternity treatment is ideal. Positioned on your side, with a pillow to support your bump, this treatment works on your entire body, using delicate ingredients to maintain skin tone and elasticity. You’ll enjoy a back and shoulder massage followed by an intensive leg and foot rub. To finish, a soothing ‘Reviver’ facial hydrates and balances your skin.
Magic mummy moment
The six-course evening menu is extensive and includes an amuse-bouche and homemade sorbet. Local seasonal produce and Cumbrian specialties are used to create culinary delights and special dietary requirements are accommodated on request.
- Price - From £130 per night.
- Treatment - Maternity Matters Precious Moments extended, £96 for 90 mins.
- Location - Bassenthwaite Lake, Keswick, Cumbria CA12 4RE
- Telephone - 017687 76551
- Web - armathwaite-hall.com
- Getting there - from Keswick take the A66 towards Cockermouth. then take the B5291. Follow signs for Castle Inn, Dubwath, cross Ouse Bridge then follow signs for the hall.