Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks
Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks
Latest deals from trusted retailers
Overall score: 4 out of 5
What our testers say…
MFM mum Natalie Brown
- I absolutely love this stuff and use it all over my body.
- The thick consistency of the cocoa butter lotion makes you feel like you’re actually applying something that’s going to work, and although it does take a while to absorb into the skin – I’d give it five minutes before getting dressed afterwards – it keeps your skin well hydrated and nourished for hours.
- I don’t have any stretch marks but this lotion certainly helped ease my itchy skin as it stretched during pregnancy – probably due to its vitamin E, shea butter and elastin content – and it smells divine: just like chocolate!
- The cream comes with a handy nozzle, which I found easy to use, and you’re not left with a greasy bottle from opening and closing it afterwards.
- At £3.15 for a 250ml bottle you can’t go wrong.
- Natalie’s score: 5
MFM mum Lisa Clark
- The massage lotion is quite a thick cream but it soon thins. It spreads evenly and soaks in well, without leaving any residue behind.
- I could feel it again when the hot water of the shower made contact with my skin the morning after application, but I wasn’t aware of it sitting on top of my skin.
- I’m really not a fan of the Palmer’s cocoa butter formula products’ scent. It has a weird artificial chocolate smell, which I find pungent and sickly sweet.
- The massage lotion comes in a pump action bottle – but for me, the pump action didn’t work properly. I wrestled tirelessly with the nozzle on several occasions, as did my husband, but we were both defeated and I resorted to unscrewing the nozzle and squeezing the cream out.
- At around £4 for a 250ml bottle, this product is fantastic value for money and won’t break the bank to use throughout my pregnancy and beyond. I will use it again.
- Lisa’s score: 3
What to watch out for
The packaging is not very appealing. It looks quite dated, so you may want to keep it in your bathroom cabinet.
Who is Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion best for?
Mums-to-be who want to protect their skin during pregnancy.
A great skincare product, which is amazing value for money.