Latest deals from trusted retailers
Overall score: 3.5 out of 5
What our testers say…
MFM mum Caroline Carpenter
- A very light, non-scented cream. It was so light that I wasn’t sure if I should use more. It is so easy to rub on your skin, as it is quite thin. I am used to slightly heavier creams, especially since becoming pregnant, as I was so paranoid about stretch marks.
- Not keen on was the scent, it smelt a little odd.
- I had no fear of this cream marking my clothes or having an overpowering any perfume I was wearing.
- Caroline’s score: 3.5
MFM mum Neri Sizer
- It promises to “stimulate the production of collagen” by covering the scar or stretch mark in a thin, invisible film of silicone, but didn’t work on my existing stretch marks, but after using it for over three months and can see very little difference.
- I found that the Remescar didn’t have a nice smell, it was too slight for me, I like to smell of a body lotion.
- As it is so light I didn’t find it moisturising qualities up to scratch and left me feeling like I hadn’t applied any cream at all.
- Neri’s score: 2.5
MFM mum Sandra Bolla
- You might not get as much product with Ramescar as other stretch mark creams and oils, but you only need to use it sparingly, so a little goes a long way. I had to fight the urge to saturate my stomach with it, but after using it I noticed my skin felt smooth and really soft.
- And if you’re sensitive to smells, which is very likely when you’re pregnant, this is the cream for you as it’s delicate and not overpowering.
- Sandra’s score: 4 out of 5
What to watch out for
Firstly, it’s not cheap and while it may promise protection from stretch marks and reduce scarring it can be hit and miss.
Who is Remescar Silicone Stretch Marks Scar Cream best for?
First time mums-to-be who want to protect their skin during pregnancy.
A great skincare product, that’s ideal for sensitive skins and noses.