Say ‘Kia Ora’ to an airline keen to make family travel effortlessly enjoyable.
- Economy: one x 23kg (standard), two x 23kg (Gold/ Gold elite & Koru)
- Premium Economy: two x 23kg (standard), three x 23kg (Gold/ Gold Elite & Koru)
- Business: three x 23kg (standard), three x 23kg (Gold/ Gold Elite & Koru)
- Babies and children: entitled to the same baggage allowance as the accompanying passenger, but they are not entitled to any additional allowances linked to the accompanying passengers frequent flyer tier status
Pushchairs and car seats: permitted free of charge
- Economy Class: one piece of cabin baggage (max weight of 7kg and max total length + width + height of 46.5″) plus one extra bag (must fit in overhead lockers)
- Business Class, Premium Economy* and Star Alliance Gold customers (including Airpoints Gold and Gold Elite): two pieces of cabin baggage (max weight of 7kg and max total length + width + height of 46.5″) plus one extra bag (must fit in overhead lockers)
- In addition to other allowances, pushchairs and car seats are permitted free of charge, when travelling with a baby or child
Note: Anything in excess of the dimensions and weight allowed will need to be repacked as part of your check-in baggage allowance. Excess baggage charges could apply. Only one piece is permitted for travel to, through or from USA.
- Book seats in advance for you and your family via your travel agent
- If you book direct, you can book seats this via Air New Zealand’s customer support team 0800 028 4149
- There’s a plastic jug onboard suitable for heating bottled formula
- There are no objections to breastfeeding
- Formula can be taken onboard, subject to the departing airport liquid rules and restrictions (i.e. under 100ml). Any baby milk, sterilised water or liquid food might have to be tasted when going through airport security
- Onboard, Air New Zealand can’t refrigerate any baby food or formula due to potential cross contamination. However, it can offer bags of ice or dry ice to help with chilling – bring a cooler bag for this!
Note: spare nappies, wipes and pre-packed baby bottle are kept for emergencies.
- Children’s meals should be arranged during the booking process via your travel agent or by phoning Air New Zealand’s customer support team 0800 028 4149.
- If you forgot to do this, Air New Zealand will try to help by requesting a child’s meal for the next leg of travel
- Medical clearance is required for any complicated or multiple pregnancy beyond 36 weeks, for journeys of five hours or more
- It’s recommended you notify your doctor of your travel plans and follow the advice on Air New Zealand’s website