Mashing rather than puréeing your baby’s food is a good way to introduce more texture. Mixing broccoli with mashed potato, sweet potato and cheese encourages babies to eat more greens.
Makes 4 portions
Suitable for freezing
• 175g potatoes, peeled and chopped
• 175g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
• 1 small carrot, peeled and sliced
• 75g broccoli florets
• 15g butter
• 2 tbsp milk
• 50g grated Cheddar cheese
1. Put the potatoes and carrot in a pan, cover with boiling water and cook until tender (20 minutes).
2. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli until tender (7–8 minutes).
3. Drain the potatoes and carrot and mash them with the broccoli, stirring in the butter, milk and cheese. Serve.
For more on nutrition and for Annabel Karmel’s recipes, log on to www.annabelkarmel.com