Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes 2 portions
Suitable for freezing
• 40g (1½oz) broccoli, cut into florets
• 15g (½oz) butter
• 15g (½oz) flour
• 150ml (¼pt) milk
• 25g (1oz) cooked chicken, shredded
• 25g (1oz) Gruyère cheese, grated
• 3tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
• 3tbsp mascarpone cheese
• 40g (1½oz) Annabel Karmel’s Mini Organic Shell Pasta, cooked according to the packet instructions
1. Steam the broccoli florets for about 6 minutes or until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk and continue to stir for 5 minutes over a low heat until the sauce thickens. Add the chicken for the last couple of minutes so that it heats through.
3. Take the sauce off the heat, stir in the Gruyère and Parmesan cheese until are melted, then mix in the mascarpone.
4 Mix the drained pasta together with the steamed broccoli florets and the cheese sauce and serve.
For more on nutrition and for Annabel Karmel’s recipes, log on to www.annabelkarmel.com