Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes 2 portions
Suitable for freezing
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 50g leeks, washed, chopped
• 1 large chicken thigh on the bone or 2 small ones (about 175g), skinned and trimmed of fat
• 200g carrots, chopped
• 250ml unsalted chicken stock
• 50g frozen peas
1. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the leeks for 2 minutes.
2. Add the chicken and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
3. Tip in the carrots and pour over the stock, then bring to the boil. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes more.
4. Add the peas and cook, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and take the flesh off the bone.
5. Blend the vegetables and chicken with as much of the cooking liquid as is necessary to make a smooth purée.
For more on nutrition and for Annabel Karmel’s recipes, log on to www.annabelkarmel.com