Easy Spanish-style paella
- Preparation and cooking time
- A little work
- Serves 4
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 6 Chicken thighs, boned, skinned and halved
- 100g Chorizo, cut into pieces
- 2 Onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 Red or yellow pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 Stick of celery, chopped (optional)
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- A pinch of saffron
- 100ml Water mixed with 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 500ml Vegetable stock (made with one stock cube)
- 200g Long grain rice
- 400g Can of chickpeas
- Fresh parsley to sprinkle
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a wide-bottomed, non-stick saucepan and brown the chicken on all sides. Remove from the pan then set aside.
- STEP 2
Add the chorizo to the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the onions, pepper, celery and garlic. Lower the heat, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- STEP 3
Add the chicken, saffron and vinegar mixture. Stir, turn up the heat and let the vinegar mixture bubble for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat and pour in the stock. Cover and cook for 6 minutes. Add rice, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- STEP 4
Add chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes until the rice is tender but still al dente. Take off the heat, stir and rest for 6 minutes. Serve garnished with parsley and slices of lemon.