Quick pasta carbonara
- Makes 4 portions
- 400g Spaghetti, or other long thin pasta
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 200g Pancetta, or rindless bacon, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 Eggs
- 4tbsp Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus extra for garnishing
- 3tbsp Fresh parsley, finely chopped, plus extra for garnishing
- 3tbsp Cream
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 1
Cook the spaghetti in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and fry until soft, then add the bacon or pancetta and garlic, and fry gently for 4–5 minutes.
- STEP 3
Beat the eggs with the Parmesan, parsley and cream. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- STEP 4
Drain the spaghetti and add it to the pan with the onion and bacon or pancetta. Stir over a gentle heat until well mixed, then pour in the egg mixture. Stir and take the pan off the heat. Carry on mixing well for a few seconds, until the eggs are lightly cooked and creamy, then serve immediately garnished with Parmesan and parsley.