Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes 3 portions
Suitable for freezing
• 200g carrots, sliced
• 125g salmon fillet, skinned
• 50ml orange juice
• 40g Cheddar cheese, grated
• a knob of butter
• 2 tbsp milk
1. Boil the carrots over a medium heat, or steam, until tender (takes about 20 minutes).
2. Place the salmon in a suitable dish, pour over the orange juice and scatter over the cheese. Cover, leaving an air vent, and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until the
fish flakes easily with a fork. Or cover with foil and cook in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC, 160ºC fan oven, 350ºF, gas 4, for about 20 minutes. Flake the fish, checking for bones.
3. Drain the carrots, mix with butter and milk, then purée in a blender with the flaked fish and its sauce until smooth.
For more on nutrition and for Annabel Karmel’s recipes, log on to www.annabelkarmel.com