- Where: The Africology Spa in the Bloww Salon, London
- Who went: Amanda Pauley
- Treatment: Copper and hot stone massage
- In a nutshell: An 80-minute session to relieve swollen legs and feet, fluid retention and stress.
- Best for: Working mums-to-be in central London in need of a post-work de-stress – or mum-to-be buddies wanting a girly treat.
- Watch out for: If you don’t like sitting up during any part of your pamper session then this isn’t the treatment for you.
Review: “Located just a few roads away from Piccadily Circus, the Africology Spa is a hidden treat on the lower floor of the Bloww Salon. As I walked in, I was greeted with a herbal tea before being taken down to what can only be described as an Aladdin’s cave.
“Oozing with elegance and with tranquil music filling the air, I was led into my indivdual treatment room. I indulged in a copper and hot stone massage, which consisted of a luxury pedicure, followed by an energy-balancing foot bath that left my feet feeling really reinvigorated.
“My legs were then covered in a detoxing mud, before I was given a pressure point massage aimed at improving circulation and reducing water retention. The massage was thorough and quite firm, but really did relieve the tension from my lower legs and feet.
“After the divine treatment I was offered another cup of tea and some ginger biscuits, and left to relax in the mellow room.
“It was an experience that was out of this world in an area known for its fast-paced hustle and bustle. This treatment can even be booked for up to three people – a perfect girly treat for you and your mummy buddies with tired tootsies.”
Price: £75 for copper and hot stonge massage, 80 minutes.
Other specific packages to highlight: The 60-minute African potato experience manicure sounds divine. We imagine it would be a welcome gift for any mum who’s hands are overworked from looking after the kids.
Contact: 020 7292 0300, email@example.com