You can make this with spaghetti or tagliatelle. The sauce is very simple and quick to prepare. You can use other vegetables like carrot sticks or cauliflower florets, depending on what your child likes. If you don’t have crème fraiche, use cream instead.
Makes 3 portions
• 150g spaghetti
100g broccoli, cut into small florets
• 75g courgette, cut into strips
• 15g butter
• 4 spring onions, finely sliced
• 100g frozen peas
• 1 tomato, skinned, de-seeded and chopped
• 150ml crème fraiche
• 75ml vegetable stock
• squeeze of lemon juice
• 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet.
2. Blanch the broccoli and courgette in lightly salted boiling water for 4 minutes.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan and gently fry the spring onions for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the peas and cook for one minute. Stir in the chopped tomato and the blanched broccoli and courgette, and cook for one more minute. Stir in the crème fraiche, vegetable stock, squeeze of lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Cook over a gentle heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Season to taste and stir in the cooked spaghetti.
For more on nutrition and for Annabel Karmel’s recipes, log on to www.annabelkarmel.com