Makes 4-6 toddler portions
■ 15g butter
■ 2 shallots, finely chopped
■ 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
■ 1 litre chicken stock
■ 1tsp soy sauce
■ 1 large chicken breast fillet,cut into 2cm cubes
■ 1 x 198g tin sweetcorn, drained
■ 50g small alphabet pasta shapes (or similar, such as stars)
■ 100g frozen petits pois
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, then add the shallot and carrot, and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, until the shallot is softened.
2. Add the stock and soy sauce, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, until the carrot is soft.
3. Turn the heat down to very low, add the chicken and sweetcorn, and cook very gently for 5 minutes until the chicken has cooked through. Try not to let the soup boil, as this may make the chicken a little tough.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling water, following the instructions on the packet.
5. Add the drained pasta plus the petits pois to the soup. Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes, until the peas have just defrosted. Season any portions you're serving to adults. Ladle into warm bowls. Garnish with a little chopped parsley before serving if you like.