1. Designate a spot in your house – this can be a chair, step or mat.
2. If your child misbehaves, give him a warning.
3. If he ignores it, take him to the step and explain why he’s there.
4. Walk away and set the timer for one minute per year of age.
5. If he gets up, put him back, and reset the timer.
6. When the timer goes off, go back and say “Ok, time’s up,” and explain again why you put him there.
7. Ask for an apology. This will teach him to take responsibility for his actions.
8. Give him hugs and kisses.
‘Jo Frost’s Toddler SOS‘ book is on sale now.