14 of the strangest things 'mum brain' made us do
Odd shoes? Check. Forgot how to drive? Check. Butter smeared on your forehead? Oh dear... ?
When we shared this pic on Facebook of one of our mums, Lucy, who came to work with odd shoes on, we were inundated with stories from you guys about similar things you'd done thanks to - wait for it - mum brain.
(It is TOTALLY a real thing BTW ?)
Some of the classics, in no particular order, were...
1. "I put milk is the washing machine drawer instead of Fairy - does that count?" - Libbi M - it most definitely does!
2. "I went to the corner shops with a smear of butter across my forehead." - Cat L
3. "My mum once went to school (she's a headteacher) wearing one flat shoe and one with a heel, and didn't actually notice until a child asked her about it
4. "Got myself and the kids ready to go to do the weekly food shop, lugged myself, double pram, changing bag a toddler and a baby down several sets of stairs and left... got half way down the street and noticed I was unusually comfortable.. looked down.. yep, still had my slippers on!" - Robyn G
5. "I got half way to the shop once and realised I had NO shoes on... - Francesca B
6. "I wore my skirt inside out and a pair of black shoes but different style." - Lynn C
7. "Yep, last week I had my top on inside out all day!" - Karinna G
8. "I forgot how to drive. Been driving for 15+ years and couldn't remember what to do when I was 30 odd weeks pg. Had to phone OH for help lol" - Liz H
9. "Orange juice on my cereal and cup of tea in the fridge all in one morning," - Victoria J
10. "I'm always looking for things....when the thing is in my hand haha good old baby brain!" - Laura H
11. "When pregnant I got in the passenger side of my car and couldn't for the life of me work out what was wrong or where the steering wheel was ? a few minutes later the penny dropped..." - Natalie B
12. "Sprayed deodorant in my hair instead of hair spray, also "lost" my keys for them to be found a good 20mins later in the fridge!" - Bailee-Jo O
13. "Took my son to the local dam for a mountain bike ride and left the back car door wide open! We were gone 3hrs!" - Jenny B
14. "I couldn't work out how I couldn't get the cutlery drawer closed until I realised I was trying to put the tub of butter in instead in of the fridge" - Robyn G
What do you think?
How many of these do you relate to? Have you ever done anything similarly mum-brainish? Tell us in the comments below or over on Facebook
Tara is mum to 1 daughter, Bodhi Rae, and has worked as Content Editor and Social Media Producer at MadeForMums since 2015
Six big family moments that matter – and the products that make them easier to navigate
These products from John Lewis & Partners help support the memorable moments of family life.